What If?




So many people today struggle with controlling their thoughts. They are controlled by worry. “What if?”

Today I’d like to propose an idea to y’all. What if we thought positively, instead of allowing negativity into our minds? Instead of saying “What if I fail?” say “What if I succeed?”  

Remember Philippians 4:8, “Finally whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things,” 

It doesn’t say to think of all the things that could possibly happen. I believe with all my heart that God wants us to think positively, especially about others. To be completely honest, I have struggled so much with people questioning my call in life.  “What if that’s not what God really wants?” I know people mean well, but sometimes we can be hurtful even when we don’t mean to be. The worst thing you can do is to discourage someone from what they believe God wants for them. Even if you’re not entirely sure that’s what God wants, be careful how you treat that person. 

In order to start thinking positively, you’re going to have to learn to take criticism on a positive way. Give the person that gave you that advice the benefit of the doubt, that they meant well. 

You also need to learn to control your thoughts, spend time in prayer & with God. Refocus. 

Be the person that you would want to hang out with. The people that have impacted me the most, have been those that were joyful. A negative mindset doesn’t go well with the Christian walk.

“Believing in negative thoughts is the single greatest obstruction to success.”  



Comments

Popular Posts