Productively Packing

 


Productive Packing

~for all your summer travels~

Hey friends! It’s been a while since I posted and for that I’m sorry. Life has been super crazy lately. Anyone else feel like they’re on a roller coaster sometimes? Anyway,  I’ve packed several times in my life, as I’m sure  you have as well.  I’m still trying to figure out the most efficient way. So here are a few tips that I’ve found helpful.


1. Make a packing list. 

I know it sounds simple and a little silly but I’ve found this to be one of the most helpful things. Taking the time to write or type out a list of outfits and go down through the list as I’m packing my suitcase or whatever I’m currently packing keeps me on track and focused. Packing can get me very overwhelmed so this helps.     


2: Pack in a smaller bag or suitcase. 

You could definitely say I’m not exactly a minimalist when it comes to packing. When you’re packing in a larger bag, you’re tempted to bring clothes you don’t actually need. Now I know that some occasions call for a big suitcase and, by all means, if you have room take the big suitcase, but sometimes it’s just not necessary.                        


3. Evaluate your time accordingly.

 I’m notorious for packing very heavy luggage in general but especially backpacks. For me,  I overpack my backpack with a lot of books and notebooks that deep down I know I won’t actually have time to read or write in. I find myself in the mindset of “Well, if I have time I’ll read these books”, but in reality I won’t have time. I think it’s honestly a comfort thing. I don’t really know how to explain it. This is something I’ve made myself do, and although it is challenging to pick just one, I find that my backpack is a lot lighter. I do want to say that there is a difference between being prepared and being completely overzealous, but I’m honestly still trying to find the difference. I’ll let you know when I do. I sincerely hope this was helpful. Have a great rest of your day!

 Love,

 Miranda


Comments

Popular Posts