Faithfully Fearless

 


Happy 2023 friends!

 

If there’s anything, I’m constantly learning, it’s that our words have so much impact. I recently listened to a podcast called “how to be more intentional about its words.” As I listened, I thought of Proverbs 18:21 • our words have the power of life or death! We choose what we say, how we say it, and why we say it. It’s up to us to be intentional with our words. The stakes are high. We can either build others up or tear them down with our words. Our words are determined by the flow of our hearts. What is inside of our heart will flow out into our mind and eventually be said. If we aren’t feeding our souls with godly things, it’s no surprise when we reflect negativity.

 

How do we start?

Saturating yourself in God's Word, surrounding yourself with Christian people, and experiencing godly environments is a great way to start. A daily walk with Christ is the way to changing the flow of our heart. Simple things with listening to worshipful music and inspirational podcasts can be influential in feeding your mind with Christ-like words. Humbling yourself and acknowledging how your words impact others is allowing God to change us!

 

This year I decided to choose a word for 2023. If our words have so much influence, why not pick one that can guide us through the year? After countless hours of thought, I decided on “fearless.” (I’m currently reading “Live Fearless” by Sadie Robertson. I could not have chosen a better book to read over the New Year, since it has inspired and given me so much to think about. I definitely recommend it if you are interested!!) Our world is filled with so much fear. Fear of self. Fear of darkness. Fear of failure. If we desire the world to truly change, we must start with ourselves. Our mindset must be de cluttered of fear and replaced with the reality of God's love!

 

Living by faith starts by disregarding the lies of the enemy and overcoming through Christ! I encourage you to join me on this journey as I dive deeper into learning what living fearless really looks like!

Let’s live fearless!


Thank you for reading the first post of 2023!

~ Elegantly Erin



Comments

Popular Posts