Devotions 101 | Devotional Resources



 Happy Monday!

Recently, I wrote a post on creating a quiet time rhythm, and if you missed that, be sure to go check that out. In today’s post, I thought it would be fun if I would share a few devotional resources that have been a tremendous help to me spiritually. Some of these may not be your thing, but bear with me. Hopefully you will find some of these resources to be beneficial to your journey with Jesus!

  • Journaling Bible 

First of all, I recommend getting a journaling Bible. Any Christian should have one of these for their devotional time.  I personally have a journaling Bible and I absolutely love it. I got mine on Amazon, which I will link to in this post. They are high-quality and the lined margins allow for note taking making this the perfect way to engage with Scripture. If you get a journaling Bible, some fun things to add to it are bible tabs. They clip on to your pages and help you find books of the Bible! Highlighters and pens are another way to dress up your Bible reading! Fall in love with reading God's word and your devotional time will be wonderful!

  • Bible Studies

If you are looking for a way to deepen your understanding of a certain passage or concept of God’s Word, bible studies are for you my friend. I have several from the Daily Grace Company and they have truly been a blessing to me. They are affordable, educational, and encouraging. You can’t go wrong with these studies. They have one in just about any topic you could think of! They add a unique perspective to my Bible reading and it brings structure to my time with the Lord. Daily Grace has an app as well, so you can work through your study on your phone! Priscilla Shirer has written a few! I am currently working through “Discerning the Voice of God.”

  • Christian Books 

There are hundreds of Christian books out there and here are a few that I have read:

Amazing Love by Corrie Ten Boom

When God Doesn’t Fix It by Laura Story

I Give Up by Laura Story 

Jesus Over Everything by Lisa Whittle 

You be You by Jamie Ivey

Gracelaced by Ruth Chou Simons

Live Fearless by Sadie Robertson 

Who Are You Following? By Sadie Robertson

This list doesn’t even scratch the surface of the incredible books out there that will strengthen your walk with the Lord and enable you to grow in grace. 

  • Devotionals 

Wait..didn’t we just cover this? Actually, nope haha! This list of devotionals are books with daily reading material. Some of my favorite devotionals are…

Each New Day by Corrie Ten Boom

My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers

Unbridled Faith by Cara Whitney

Pearls of Great Price by Joni Eareckson Tada

Latte for Life by Brumbaugh Green

 

  • Podcasts

I have recently been listening to quite a few podcast episodes. While I definitely would not make this the highest priority, podcasts are a refreshing way to learn more about our Savior. Another thing to keep in mind, if you are not a reader, you can find all of the books listed on either Audible or Hoopla. Finding time to read can be a struggle, but listening to a book or a podcast can be equally beneficial. 

 

If you have made it to the end of this post, kudos to you! Thank you for sticking with me! I hope that you will take some time to check out some of these resources. We have been blessed with a generation of an abundance of materials that point us to Christ. As Christians we should take advantage of the things that are available to us! I hope y’all a great rest of your week. 

 

Journaling Bibles: 

https://www.amazon.com/Journal-Bible-Floral-Letter-Comfort/dp/0785218297/ref=sr_1_1?crid=W9KNGCAEECP6&keywords=kjv+bible+journaling+bible&qid=1658160812&sprefix=kjv+bible+journaling+bible%2Caps%2C168&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/Personal-Reflections-KJV-Bible/dp/1634099486/ref=sr_1_5?crid=W9KNGCAEECP6&keywords=kjv+bible+journaling+bible&qid=1658160812&sprefix=kjv+bible+journaling+bible%2Caps%2C168&sr=8-5

 

Daily Grace Company:

https://thedailygraceco.com/

 


Comments

Popular Posts