My Redeemer Lives

 


“He is not here, he is risen.” 

Jesus is risen! Yes, he is alive and on the throne.  Today, we celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Easter reminds us of the love and grace that was poured out on Calvary. 

Without the resurrection, the Christian faith would be much different. All of Christianity relies on the fact that Jesus is alive.  What would be the point of living if He were dead?  If death had defeated Christ, and he hadn’t overcome our enemy, our lives would be hopeless. 1 Corinthians 12:17 says, “And if Christ be not raised, your faith is in vain; ye are yet in your sins.” Our faith would be limited if Christ had not conquered the grave. 

However, the story did not end there. His love for us went deeper.  Jesus suffered the weight of our sins and paid the price so that we could be redeemed. What he accomplished on Calvary demonstrates that the darkest night cannot defeat the light of our Lord Jesus. 

The Easter season has become especially meaningful to me, since I realize that Jesus paved the way for me to live eternally. His death and resurrection that took place brings me hope and peace. Where would I be if it were not for grace? His redeeming love will forever be my heart’s theme. 

Because of the blood that was shed, because he conquered the grave, I can say with Job that “I know that my Redeemer lives.” (Job 19:25) 

Verses To Remember This Easter

1 Peter 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life

Romans 5:8

But God commended his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.


Comments

Popular Posts