Why Teenagers Need Church | SVYC Recap



Hey y'all! Today, Mikayla and Miranda will be sharing their experience from Southwest Virginia Youth Convention! Special thanks to all who made this convention happen and for being a blessing to some of our own! 


Mikayla Poff 

I’ve been going to SVYC since I was thirteen.  The theme for this year’s convention was ‘Masterpiece’. There are many, many things I could write down regarding this topic and what elements spoke to me, but here was the one thing that affected the most; Bro. Dwayne Quesenberry spoke Sunday morning on clay…the process of which it is made and the spiritual analogy that followed. Just as the clay is being created into a masterpiece on the wheel, we must be centered to work with the Potter. 

I was reminded that, in order to become the Masterpiece God has created you to be, you must be centered in the wheel of His plan for your life. Getting to the very center of His will—that’s where it starts friends! SVYC ’22 was filled with breakthroughs, friendships, fellowship and PRICELESS memories I will forever hold close. You should definitely make it a priority to come next year, March 3-5 with special speaker, Gareth Nickerson! Everyone needs to experience SVYC at least once! I cordially invite you, along with the convention to experience this amazing weekend!

Miranda Poff

SVYC: I loved the theme this year “Masterpiece” it had so much depth to it. The services were so good and moving. I was blessed to see some of my friends and make some new ones. I am so thankful I was able to attend this year! I can’t wait until next year ;)


Teenagers need church, especially specific youth events, because they need the opportunity to experience God's presence. The power of God's presence is able to draw people to himself.  Teenagers are hungry for something that will satisfy them. Matthew 5:6 says, "Blessed are they who hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled." The atmosphere that is created in church is exactly what young people need. If one teenager settles the question, it's worth it. Keep on holding services and investing in the lives of those who preparing for God's call on their lives. 

Thank you all for reading today's post! If you also attended SVYC, please leave a comment of something you enjoyed at this convention! 

Peace out,

~The Bloggers~






Comments

Popular Posts