(A Grateful Heart)

 



Hey Y'all! 

I am sure you have seen a billion of quotes posts and verses on having a grateful spirit but what does it really mean. Yes,  I am sure you were expecting a thankful post, because of the season, but I am going to do my best to make it good. 



Thankfulness is one quality that we often can forget to have, but it is probably one of the most important qualities.


Just a few days ago, I was reminded how important it really is to be thankful for things that we think are not worth the energy. I listened to the Focus on the Family radio drama series… "The Hiding Place." 


If you haven’t had the privilege of listening to it you definitely should. When Corrie and Betsie were in one of the concentration camps, there were fleas in their sleeping quarters.  Betsie thanked God for the fleas and Corrie wondered why. Later they realized that the guard wouldn’t go in there, because of the flees. This gave them the opportunity to read the Bible without getting caught. You could say it was a blessing in disguise. 


Remember that it is good to be thankful for even the hard things, because you never know when they will be worked for your good. That is how God does things. He gives us the strength to be thankful when we don’t know we need it. 


In the hectic world of today gratitude can get lost in the “me” attitude that we can find so prevalent in society. When I talk about gratitude I don’t necessarily mean when someone does the dishes for you or helps you with a project. Those things are good to be grateful for, but being grateful to our Heavenly Father for EVERYTHING is what we need most. 



Thanks you for reading! Hope you enjoyed it! 😊


Yours Truly, 

Allison 



Comments

Popular Posts