{Forgiveness}


Hey, so I know I haven't posted for a while, anyways today I would like to write about forgiveness. Not only how it has applied to my life, but how it applies to all our lives.


 The dictionary term for forgiveness is to cease to feel resentment against someone or something, but God did so much more for us when he died on the cross. 

1. Jesus Offered Us a Choice. 

When God sent His son to die for us on the cross, it was so we could be able to go to Heaven. He paved the way and made it so we didn't have to make sacrifices, because He was the ultimate sacrifice. We can make a choice for ourselves as He has given us free will to serve Him.

2. Jesus Offered to Take Ownership of Our Sins.

We are all born with a sinful nature in our heart, and we cannot help it. He has offered to cleanse us. Jesus claimed our sin as His, and He signed His name on every wrong thing we ever did and forgave us.

Think about when someone did something to you and maybe you didn't want to forgive them, or how hard it was to. Now think about Jesus paid the ultimate sacrifice and died, he did it for us. 


I know personally that it is hard to forgive people, if you have been wronged or maybe hurt deeply. You sink into a pit of your own making and don't know how to get out, or maybe you don't want to forgive them. Everyone deserves forgiveness. 

He gave it to us and we have to try our best with help from God to forgive them. When I gave what I was holding onto for so long to God it brought peace like no other and I know He had been working in my life the whole time. Now when things get rough remember, He doesn't put you through it He gets you through it.


Comments

Popular Posts