The Eye That Sees


Hey, everyone:)) It is I, Mikayla Poff! 

I got a little food for thought! 


We all want to be seen. We want someone to recognize our pain. Our loss. Our circumstance. Our joys. Our glory. Our happiness. 

But the harsh truth is…


It will never happen. 


You may feel seen in some ways. People may say they see you. And they may…but it would only be seeing them in you by what they have been through. Make sense? 


If you’re like me, you’ve memorized the scriptures, heard dozens of preachers say it—but it’s just not enough sometimes. God loves you, seems like an empty phrase at times.


Honestly, the whole concept of God loving me is one I can’t quite grasp. How? What even is love in God’s eyes? Those questions are from the devil, trying to confuse me. I’m an over thinker, so the devil likes to use it. 


Right now, as you read this, whether it be through a phone screen, laptop, iPad—I challenge you to look deep inside. 


I don’t know what you’re facing. There may be a certain situation where you just can’t seem to be understood. Why won’t people just get it? Why can’t they understand? Why can’t they see me?


But God sees YOU. 


You. You, the one reading this article. YOU. 


He sees your hurt, tiredness, exhaustion from this life. He sees it all. 


You may be racing around swamped with all kinds of business, just so tired of going. God sees you and will help you manage life’s weariness. 


You may be the one whose life is falling apart piece by piece. God sees your hurt.


You may be the one whose home is broken. God sees THAT and the frustration that comes with it. 


Maybe you’re the one with a broken heart, trying to be as happy as you can be. God sees that and is picking up all the pieces on your broken trail. 


Perhaps you have been through some trials you never thought you’d have to go through. God SEES you. 


Whatever you’re going through today. You are NOT unseen. God SEES YOU! He sees the steps you’ve had to take to get here. He sees and knows how hard it’s been. He sees the sleepless nights. He sees the frustration. He sees the tears. He SEES. 


Will you always feel seen? No, you won’t. In fact, I’m sure you’ll feel unseen tomorrow. But I ask you to choose to KNOW He sees you. 


~Mikayla Poff 

Comments

Popular Posts