Higher



“Higher, higher!” I used to demand my father as he pushed me on the swing set at a park, nearby our house.  We would walk down there every other Saturday to spend family time. 


My favorite thing to do at the park was always swinging. I still love it even though I’m nearly an adult:) My little sister and I would swing all day, and as most kids, we always wanted to go higher. 


Such as kids on the swing set, we may feel the void to go higher in life. We never seem satisfied with where we are or what God is doing in our lives. Perhaps you want to have what she has, or the attention he is getting. We sink ourselves so deep in self comparison that we are blinded to what God is doing in us. 


Let me ask you one question...did you always trust the person who was pushing you? Did you trust that whatever may happen, they would be there to catch you? I know most of the time I did! Even then we had the faith of a child in knowing that, whomever was pushing us would have full control. 


Let me ask you, do you have that same trust in God? We trust that the person pushing us is there to catch us if we fall...but as we get older...who do we trust with everything? Of course, our parents will always be there to support and guide us in life, but Who do we trust with every part of us? Who will catch us if or—when—we fall? 


In a world of “bigger and better” things, we always want more. We look at how God is using ‘so and so’ and we perhaps may feel useless. Or you may simply want more. That, my friend, is the devil. Satan wants us to compare ourselves to others, doubt our purpose and think that we must go “higher”. 



In reality, we shouldn’t be so focused on going higher. The discontentment we feel is one of the devils sneaky schemes and the sooner we realize that, the closer we can grow closer to God. Find contentment and joy in YOUR purpose. Don’t focus on going higher by being like them, or trying to be better. 


Trust God with what He has for your life right now. In God, you will go your own kind of “higher”. He will catch you when you fall. He will pick up the pieces of your chaotic life! So, just like when you were a little kid swinging on the swing...trust with a child-like faith. 


Comments

  1. This is such wonderful truth ,Great post ,You would make an amazing Preacher,❤️Love Simply Blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, thank you! I needed to hear that this morning! I have a big desire to preach, and sometimes it’s hard to stay encouraged about that. So thank you very much!! ~ Mikayla Poff

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts