IHC -- A Teen's Perspective

 


I know, y'all are already tired of seeing all the photos from IHC, but bear with me. I'll try to keep it short!

Interchurch Holiness Convention is a place where God's people come together & worship in unity. God's presence is everywhere at IHC, no matter the location. IHC has been an important part of my life, starting from a young age. At the age of 9, I believed the Interchurch Holiness Convention to be more important than celebrating Christmas. I am still fond of this convention and I plan on attending, Lord-willing, for the rest of my life.

This year was a little different for all of us, however it was a good change. I learned that IHC is still the same, whether it is in Dayton, OH or in Gatlinburg, TN. From the Time of Discovery sessions to exploring the booths, the convention was a much needed time of refreshing and renewal.

As a pastor's kid, it's easy to get bogged down with church problems or to get plain tired. IHC for me has helped me to realize that there is more to Christianity than just me. It forces me out of my "own little box" and to see that God is bigger than my church. The standards seem a lot less of a burden when you see hundreds of others following the same guidelines.

IHC 2021 is one for the books, of which I will never forget. These conventions have helped me to grow to be more Christ-like. A special thank-you to all those who are in charge of making these events happen. I hope to see you next year!

~Elegantly Erin~

Comments

Popular Posts