Mikayla’s Daily Grind ☕️

Hey, y ’all! It’s Mikayla (hence the title!)




I know a lot of our followers are big coffee lovers ;) below is a recipe I have created and use a lot of the time and it’s only 73 calories!


Who else thinks it can be a hassle to scroll all the way down past an article talking about the recipe in order to get to the actual recipe? Well, I promise I won’t do that here:)) I’ll give you the recipe and then I will discuss what the key ingredients do! 


Protein Vanilla Iced Coffee 

Calories: 73 Yield: 2 cups 

 

You’ll need...

~A blender (I use our Ninja Bullet!)

~Ice (I prefer crushed but obviously any kind will do!) 


<<<Ingredients>>>

1 cup cold coffee 

1/2 tablespoon Vanilla Whey Protein Powder 

1 tsp Collagen powder 

1 cup of almond milk 

Ice

1 tsp sugar (optional) + 16 calories 

I don’t add any extract flavoring, but feel free to! 

_______________________________

Blend the coffee, protein powder, collagen powder (+ sugar if you add it!) 

-keep in mind that the longer you blend it, the foamier it will be-

Pour the almond milk into a glass with ice!

After you have blended the coffee mixture, pour it over the milk and simply mix! 


Enjoy!


Now the article part...


I like to start off the morning by making my bed, getting ready for the day and my favorite part...spending time with Jesus with my iced coffee by my side;) 


Does this happen every morning? No way...life happens and sometimes I don’t get to start off my day the way I’d like to:// those of you who are busy bodies probably get it;) 


If you have tried the iced coffee recipe, be sure to let me know by commenting or tagging Simply Blessed Blog on social media! Use the hashtag #kaylaskorner or #simplyblessedblog if you would like! Below is the key ingredient facts and benefits:)) 


~Key ingredients~

The two main ingredients I have made sure to use, is protein powder and collagen powder. These two ingredients add a bit of nutrition to the coffee! Let me explain what they do...


Protein powder is a nutritional supplement that I have noticed has helped with many things. It gives you a healthy kick and helps build up muscles, lower blood pressure and also helps with weight loss. 

It especially helps with after a good workout and is beneficial to conditions like IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease)


Collagen has helped me with hair growth, skincare and so much more! It even gives me a bit of energy;) It may also help with joints and muscle aches. 


These key ingredients give my iced coffee a healthy kick and it adds great flavor! 


If you have made it through the entire post, kudos to you! 


~Kayla’s Korner~ 

Comments

Popular Posts