{Bible Journaling}

 Hey there! Today, I am going to be talking about some of my Bible journaling tips. If you know me, you will know that I love my hand lettering and art. I know this is something a little different, but I hope you like it!



Disclaimer: This picture is just a picture I got of the internet.


Tip 1: Don't worry about it looking perfect

This Bible is just for you and for you to bring out things in the text that speak to you. Don't worry about it being perfect. Make sure it is something that you can understand and have fun with.


Tip 2: I recommend you get a journaling Bible

Having a journaling bible is super amazing, and mine has pages with margins to write on and then it has significant verses that you can color. Here is a link to my Bible on Amazon: 

https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Bible-KJV-Hardcover-Journaling/dp/1432114867/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=journaling+bible+kjv&qid=1615385961&sr=8-7

Tip 3: The right pens

For Bible journaling, you do not have to get the special Bible journaling pens or highlighters. Any pens or highlighters work. Here is a list of some of the pens that I use.

Tombow Fudenosuke: These are a small brush pen with a harder tip.

Tombow dual brush pens: These are a large brush tip and are great for lettering. They also have a bullet side, which is great for just writing.

A ball point pen: Hopefully, everyone knows what they are. This is just an example that you don't need expensive products to make something awesome. 

A fine liner: I love my fine liners. You can get these in lots of different sizes just about anywhere.

Sharpie Highlighters: I think everyone also knows about these, but they have super vibrant colors and do not smear. 

Dollar General brush markers: These are super inexpensive, I think I paid like 5 dollars for them, but they are super amazing. Shout out to Erin for recommending them...😜

If it helps any of you, use sticky notes, you can move these around, but you still have the important part that you would like to come back to. The great thing about Bible journaling is when you just want to come back to something it is most likely gonna be in what you journaled, so it is easy just to go back to a specific verse.

Something that I do will be to read a chapter or a passage first, without making any marks, just to get the words flowing and get something out of it. Instead of trying to make it perfect and forgetting why I am even reading my Bible, and has definitely been beneficial to me!

I hope this helped all you Bible Journalers!!! Let me know if you would like to see more of this kind of stuff in the comments 👇.

Have a great day!!! 

~Authentically Allison



Comments

Popular Posts