{Devotionals I Love}

 {Devotionals I Love}



Hey y'all! Today Elegantly Erin is back with something a little different. I have compiled a list of some of my all-time favorite devotional books! These books have helped me grow and deepen in my relationship with Jesus Christ. 

I hope you are encouraged and inspired to read these as well:

1) "Amazing Love" by Corrie Ten Boom

This one is not in the picture, but I have never read a devotional that has so inspired me. Corrie Ten Boom stands on the truth in the midst of the pain. She challenged me to discover my purpose in midst of the trials. Your life will be forever changed by reading this simple, yet powerful book.

Here is the link to purchase it: 

2) "When God Doesn't Fix It" by Laura Story 

I was so touched by the heart-wrenching story, it honestly brought me to tears. I couldn't put this book down, I just had to know what happened. It reminded me of one of those nightmares that you wish would never come true, but to know that this wasn't just a story. It actually happened to these precious souls.. This question was constantly in my mind, "Would I be able to have enough faith in Christ if I had to go through this same trial?" If you have not read Laura and Martin's story, please do.  Reading their story brought a whole new meaning and a new appreciation for her song, "Blessings."

You can find this book on Amazon:

3) "Unbridled Faith" by Cara Whitney

Many of you might not know this, but I am one of those horse lovers. Cara Whitney takes her experiences with horses and applies them to our relationship with Christ. Even if you are not an horse fanatic like I am, you will be able to benefit from the 100 wonderful truths that she brings out and applies to daily life. 

Check it out:


4) "My Utmost For His Highest" by Oswald Chambers

Oswald Chambers is such an amazing thinker. He challenges your faith in ways that you never would have thought of, but are so helpful to walking with Jesus. His 365 day devotional provides you with fresh encouragement and new hope for each day. He has also written some other devotionals, so be sure to check those out as well. 


Here’s the link: 


5) "Garden of Truth" by Ruth Chou Simons

My mom bought me this short and simple little devotional for my 13th birthday. It has a beautiful watercolor that ties in with the sentence or two that Ruth Chou Simons writes. Below it there is usually a Bible verse to go along with it.  If you are looking for a devotional that isn’t too overwhelming but still encouraging, then I would highly recommend this one for you!

Link:

6) "Latte For Life" by Renae Brumbaugh Green

Last one - - “Latte for Life” is a 45 devotionals with sweet and strong truths (just like those lovely lattes☕️) from the book of Ruth. In this devotional, all the characters are brought to life in a descriptive way. Ruth never used to be one of my favorite stories, but this book changed my perspective quite a bit!

One last link:



Alrighty it’s time for me to stop writing, and for you to stop reading. I hope this was helpful to you in your devotional life, just as these books have helped me. If you are not consistent in your daily devotions or your devotional life is getting stale; I challenge you to do something about it. Do whatever it takes to get started or to find a different method that will keep your attention.


If you would like to see more of these types of posts, please let me know in the comments! As always, thank you for reading today's post. 

~Elegantly Erin~

Comments

Popular Posts