♥ Is He Good? ♥


During quarantine, my family signed up for the
Focus@Home (which is still available & I highly recommend) streaming. We were able to listen to all of the Focus on the Family radio productions for free. One of the productions that I was able to listen to was The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. This was the first book that C.S. Lewis wrote for his famous series The Chronicles of Narnia. 

While I had listened to this audio before, a part of this story struck me this time around. When the main characters (Peter, Lucy, Susan, and Edmund) are taken under the wing of the beavers, they discover who Aslan is. They are uncertain of who or what Aslan is. One of the first things they ask about him is, "Is he safe?" The beaver responded, "Of course he isn't safe, but he is good."

This struck me in such a way that I can't fully describe. Aslan, in an essence ,represents God in these stories. I started to think, "Is God good?" Then I thought, "Erin, you're so silly, since when hasn't God been good?" I must confess, God has been so good to me. I am so undeserving, yet He is still so kind.

I have to wonder..why do we start thinking that God isn't good when our circumstances don't seem so good? Laura Story's famous song Blessings says:

"We doubt your goodness, we doubt your love

As if every promise from Your Word is not enough"

Why aren't His promises good enough for us?  Why do we start to doubt? Friends, we have to stop doubting and start believing. If the beavers hadn't believed in Aslan, the Pevensie children would never have known about him. When it seems hopeless, remember Aslan is on the move. Nothing, not even death itself, can take Him off His throne. Just when you think he's nowhere, he appears everywhere.

Blessings,

~Elegantly Erin~

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts