𝙾𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝


In a world full of microwaves, Amazon prime, and fast food restaurants it is easy to become impatient and discontented. When we scroll through social media we become aware of all the things we don’t have. It is easy to forget about what we do have, and to become ungrateful. 

Discontentment is one of the devil’s biggest tools he uses to get our focus off of God and onto ourselves. For example, when the Israelites were starving, God provided manna. Yet they decided it wasn’t good enough. The devil got their mind on their stomachs instead of what God had done for me. How would you feel if something you created, was complaining about their meal options when you had just rescued them from slavery? Believe me you wouldn’t be impressed.

During my short life, I have learned that when I become impatient that it helps to change your perspective. Try getting your focus off yourself. Make someone else’s day, encourage them, and you won’t regret it. Remember, “It is more blessed to give then to receive.”  Read your Bible, pray,
count your blessings, anything to get your focus off yourself. When it all comes down to it, you will realize that life isn’t about clothes, or money, or even relationships. It’s about loving and serving Jesus to the best of your ability. Everyone was created for the same purpose, to glorify God. 

The devil's greatest lies to keep you from serving God is that you will be forced to live in a shack and won’t ever have any of the things you want. That God’s going you treat you like a slave. My friend, that is not true. The longer I serve Jesus, the more I realize how wrong the devil is. I have been given way more than I ever dreamed or imagined. Never once has He failed to meet my needs. 

Choose to be grateful, and don’t allow the devil to distract you with feelings of discontentment. “Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.”


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts